The School Nutrition Association offers an array of continuing education programs for SNA members and the entire school nutrition community. These programs are developed to meet specific training needs for SNA members and to support the SNA certification and SNS credentialing programs.
Professional Development is your key to success! Whether you're just beginning your career in school nutrition or seeking to deepen your understanding of the intricacies of school feeding programs, SNA has the resources you need to get started.
Keys to Excellence Program
- Keys to Excellence: Standards of Practice for Nutrition Integrity is designed to assist schools achieve nutrition integrity goals at the administrative, management, and operational levels. This tool, through its standards of practice and indicators, defines national standards for quality programs and provides school nutrition directors with a framework for continuous program review, evaluation, and improvement.
- Keys to Excellence Online Self-Assessment is an online benchmarking tool that allows school nutrition directors to review and improve their programs against several indicators of top performance in each of four key areas: 1. Operations, 2. Nutrition, Nutrition Education and Physical Activity, 3. Administration and 4. Marketing and Communications.
- The District of Excellence Distinction recognizes school districts that truly exemplify all best practices identified in the Keys online self-assessment by submitting a comprehensive application for peer review.
NOTE: The Keys Online Self-Assessment and District of Excellence programs are currently under construction. Please check the website periodically for updates.
The School Nutrition Association’s Internship Program is designed to provide individuals with the training and opportunities necessary to pursue a district-level supervisory position in school nutrition.
Individuals interested in becoming interns must meet one of the following requirements:
- Are Current Supervisors and Employees with an Associate’s Degree
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e. business, hospitality) or majored in Foodservice Management/RD/Business/Culinary Arts
Please visit the School Nutrition Association Internship Program page for more information.
Take advantage of SNA's new Career Center to post your job openings, look for career opportunities or post your resume for prospective employers to view.