Note to Applicants: Following the scholarship tips listed below will ensure that you are presenting yourself and your educational goals in the best light.
Program of Study
Before completing the online application be sure to do your research. Know or have easy access to the cost of your course tuition/fees and book costs. Easy access to this information will make sure that you are well equipped to complete this required portion of the application.
Clearly outlining your participation in School Nutrition Association activities at the local, state, and national level is an important element in the scholarship application process. Be sure to review your involvement before sitting down to complete your application.
Submission of one (1) academic recommendation and one (1) professional recommendation is required in your application. Be sure that you have the contact information for each of your contacts before beginning the scholarship application.
- Keep in mind the application deadline (April 9, 2013) when seeking recommendations.
- You want to make sure you give your recommenders enough time to complete their portion of the application. Be sure to follow up with each recommender and thank them for their support.
Uploading your transcripts for all higher education institutions you have attended is an important step in the application process. It is helpful to store these documents in a pdf. format on your computer or a flash drive (maximum file size 5MB) prior to beginning your application.
Your essay is a great opportunity to talk more about you and your educational goals! Be thoughtful in your response ensuring that your essay is both clear and concise.
- Typing your essay beforehand will be very helpful when you complete the online portion of the scholarship application. Once you have spell checked your essay and a friend/colleague has reviewed your text all you have to do is copy and paste what you have written into the online application.
- Please remember your essay must be between 500 and 1000 words.
Here is a helpful writing resource titled “Top 10 Tips for Writing Effective Scholarship Essays”.
Additional Essay Resources:
Scholarship Application Tips and Pointers
How to Apply for a Scholarship
Scholarship Essay Writing Tips
How to Get Into and Pay for College
Preparing for the online application
As when applying to any scholarship, preparation is the key to success! The following checklist will help you stay organized and successfully complete your scholarship application.
- Preview the online scholarship application and read its contents thoroughly
- Double check the eligibility requirements
- Carefully craft your essay
- Proofread your essay
- Request transcripts
- Plan to keep a copy of your resume close by while you complete your application
- Remember your essay must be between 500-1000 words
- Remember the application deadline: April 9, 2013
SNF 4-1 Scholarship Application
SNA Keys to Excellence