No one wants to have a heart attack, but many people do since it is the number one killer in many countries. One reason for this is obesity and a sedentary lifestyle. But even stress can cause a heart attack. Whether you are a business person running a busy digital marketing business or a hard working carpet cleaner like Brilliance Carpet Cleaning Perth, when you have a heart attack it is essential to have treatment as soon as possible to lessen the damage done to the heart. The troubles is that not everyone recognises they are having a heart attack because of the symptoms they get. It is not always pain in the heart or chest area that heralds such an attack.Here are some of the signs of a heart attack. If they last for 10 minutes, you should dial 000.
- Pain in the lower jaw - on either side - that extends into the chest.
- Pain or discomfort in the neck, with a burning or choking feeling in the throat. It may actually originate in the chest and move to the neck.
- Pain, heaviness or pressure in the shoulders that moves to the chest. One or both shoulders can be affected.
- Pain, heaviness or tightness in the centre of the chest. Generally a stabbing, sharp pain in the chest is not indicative of a heart attack. It is more like a crushing weight.
- A dull ache between the shoulder blades that spread from the chest
- Pain, heaviness, discomfort, tingling or uselessness in one or both arms, often originating from the chest.