Whether you are holidaying at home or abroad, you may be considering renting a car if you are flying to your destination. It is true that having a car will give you a good amount in independence to travel where you like, however there are both pros and cons to car rental that you should consider before making any arrangements.
- As mentioned, you will have more independence from public transport and the time limitations it offers when you can travel in your rental car.
- Some areas you might want to visit may not be serviced by public transport, or the times could be inconvenient.
- It would probably work out cheaper than taxis but more expensive than public transport.
- It is convenient to stow your luggage and you can take extra if you don’t have to carry it by hand.
- You can stop at any place that looks interesting, or stop for a rest or a snack whenever you want.
- You can change your mind at the last minute about going somewhere.
- You don’t have to book seats or tickets.
- If you travel with a group of friends there will be plenty of drivers
While many families choose the holiday destination with the beaches and safe, shallow water that all kids seem to adore, it can be an even more interesting experience to travel with them to other countries where they can see some amazing sights that will surely interest them just as much. After all, they can usually swim a lot at home too, but they won’t see some of the other amazing things that are on offer overseas.
Here are 8 holiday destinations that are certainly family friendly, though not all offer beaches.
- Although this small country is not the cheapest, it offers things not found anywhere else, at least, not to the same extent. For instance, Legoland with its 20 million pieces of building blocks that have been used to portray some of the Star Wars action as well as major iconic sights of other countries. It also has rides suited more to the pre-teen. Then there is Tivoli, an amusement park with free music, fireworks and more almost every night.
- Thailand loves children, making their stay there very special. You can easily find beaches, temples, boat trips and elephant camps, all of which your kids are sure to love.