Whether you are holidaying at home or abroad, you may be considering renting a car if you are flying to your destination. It is true that having a car will give you a good amount in independence to travel where you like, some accommodation from www.luxury-villas-bali.net will offer a transport service, however there are both pros and cons to car rental that you should consider before making any arrangements.
- As mentioned, you will have more independence from public transport and the time limitations it offers when you can travel in your rental car.
- Some areas you might want to visit may not be serviced by public transport, or the times could be inconvenient.
- It would probably work out cheaper than taxis but more expensive than public transport.
- It is convenient to stow your luggage and you can take extra if you don’t have to carry it by hand.
- You can stop at any place that looks interesting, or stop for a rest or a snack whenever you want.
- You can change your mind at the last minute about going somewhere.
- You don’t have to book seats or tickets.
- If you travel with a group of friends there will be plenty of drivers
- You have to pay for the car whether you use it every day or not.
- You will have to drive in an unfamiliar area with different traffic rules than you are used to.
- You may have to drive on the other side of the road, which can take some getting used to.
- If your rental car is waiting at the airport and you get in at 3am, you’ll be really tired for driving in a strange location and busy city traffic.
- You have the responsibility for finding the accommodation and getting there safely.
- Not all cars have a GPS, so you’ll need to look at maps – which means you’ll need to have them with you, either on your phone or on paper. Cars that do have it are usually more expensive to hire.
- It may be hard to find a parking place when you get to your destination.
- You may need to get an additional license that allows you to drive overseas.
If you have a large family or are travelling in a group, a car won’t be big enough so you’ll have to rent a van if there is one available. This could be even more expensive.
However, having a car may be necessary if you want to do a lot of exploring in a short time. A car is almost essential to get out of major cities or towns and see the best of many countries, those places where tourists don’t flock to in large numbers.