Arthritis is a condition that affects many people. It may have eventuated from your choice of career. For instance people that have worked all their lives in jobs like furniture removalists such as Brilliance Removalists Melbourne or a tough job such as carpet steam cleaners done by Brilliance Cleaning where their bodies have been subjected to heavy physical loads are particularly susceptible. One big problem with treatment is that there are many different forms of arthritis and not all respond to the same treatment. Another problem is that the drugs – whether they are prescription or over the counter – have side effects that can be sometimes worse than the disease.
Most drugs are anti-inflammatories or painkillers – or sometimes both in one. Long-term use can cause problems such as digestive problems, ulcers, stroke and more. Even if they just make you drowsy, going around in a daze is not living life to the fullest. You may not be able to drive or go out because you tend to lose your balance and are afraid of falling. So what can you do?
There are many natural remedies for arthritis. Trying out these different remedies gives you a feeling of control over your life and your body that can even make you feel better. This is known as the placebo effect. That said, sometimes the remedies work well and it is far better to take them than the drugs that can have those awful side effects. The remedies may be herbs, spices, essential oils or even fruit and/or vegetables. Some people change their diet and get a great deal of relief.
Here are a few natural remedies for arthritis.
- This spice is a natural anti inflammatory that works to reduce pain and stiffness within a few days. You need to take at least quarter of a teaspoon a day but this is not difficult; just sprinkle it over your cereal or add to juice.
- Turmeric – at least the curcumin in it – with black pepper to make it more available in the body, is a more long-term anti-inflammatory. Studies have shown that it blocks the metabolic pathways of inflammation and also works to prevent the immune system from attacking the body, which is why it’s good for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Ginger works for some people as it too, has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Raw – unpasteurised – apple cider vinegar is good for many things, including arthritis. This is because it changes to alkaline in the body, rinsing out the uric crystal from your joints.
- Cherries are great for gout and other arthritis types. They contain anthocyanosides which lower uric acid levels.
- Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, another good thing for arthritis. It is also possible to buy bromelain in capsule form.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are an essential for anyone with arthritis. It may not be that you don’t already have them in your system, especially if you eat a lot of fish, but sometimes the balance between the omega 6 fats from junk food disturbed and you need more of the former than the latter in your body.