According to JCA Services when you need repairs done to your property it is time to look for a home services helper or property Maintenance Company who offers the kind of services you need. Unfortunately, not all handymen are equal and some don’t do as good a job as others. This may be because they accept a job that is actually beyond their skill set to complete.
Instead of not taking the job, they try to do it and end up making things worse than ever. When you finally work out the problem and find another handyman to help you the job is likely to cost twice as much for them to fix. So what qualities do you need in your handyman?
- First of all you need honesty about what they can do and what they can’t do. Honesty with the quote is also a bonus. That said, a cheap price may well get you a cheap job.
- You need someone with a high work ethic so that the job they do will be done well.
- It is also good if they are clean and tidy and clean all the mess up before they go. Many jobs are quite messy and you don’t really want to have to vacuum up sawdust or clean grout or paint off the floor after they have gone.
- You need a handyman that is highly motivated and communicative so that they will get to your job as soon as they can and let you know if there is an unavoidable delay.
- It would also be good to have one that will come out at night, just in case there is something urgent that needs fixing, like water flooding the house from a broken pipe.
- When you have a property of any kind that needs major repairs in a lot of areas, it is good if you can find a person who will take over the whole operation and bring in sub-contractors for the work he can’t handle. Leadership qualities are really good, especially when they are directed towards getting those repairs done so your property no longer looks like it belongs in a derelict slum area.
Of course, you don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for your repairs and cleaning jobs, but sometimes it is worth paying extra to have all the responsibility for finding different trades to come and do different jobs, off your shoulders.
A person who has a lot of experience in doing maintenance and repairs on a full time basis is likely to only work with sub-contractors he knows are trustworthy and can get the job done properly.